Learning Online…Anywhere in the World!
- The International Metaphysical University is a fully-integrated online college. Unlike distance education of old, all of our classes are taught online. Our topics may be uncommon but our educational process is very much like mainstream universities around the world.
- Our courses are interactive and taught in audio and/or video formats. As a student at IMU, you will be able to download many of your courses and listen to your classes wherever and whenever you want. This is decidedly different from most online colleges that simply tell you what to read, what to write, and give you a test. At IMU, we actually TEACH you!
- Our easy-to-use course management system (Sakai) is used at many major universities around the world including Stanford, MIT, University of Michigan, and Indiana University.
- At IMU, our students interact with both the instructors and with other students from around the world via a variety of technology options.
- We offer invigorating training from some of the best-known teachers and practitioners in the field! While many colleges have wonderful and knowledgeable teachers, we very often have the VERY TOP EXPERT in the WORLD! Often, you will be taking classes DIRECTLY from the person who wrote the books from whom you will be learning. You don’t get that at just any ol’ college!
- Our courses are open enrollment. All students are accepted.
- Our courses are rolling enrollment, which means you can start at any time. You can start today. Work at your own pace. Students have twelve weeks to complete a course once they have started.
Mission of IMU
It is the mission of the International Metaphysical University to provide an open-minded platform for the examination, exploration, and advancement of consciousness in an online educational environment. Toward this goal, we:
- Offer high-quality, credible, enjoyable, and comprehensive education in alternative areas of study
- Employ top experts in related fields to provide the highest-quality education possible
- Graduate knowledgeable, forward-thinking, and well-trained professionals with the ability to think for themselves and push boundaries to become leaders in their respective fields
- Encourage, document, and publish independent research for the purpose of garnering credibility and encouraging mainstream acceptance and use of field-related processes and information
- Bring together top experts in related fields to encourage problem-solving through cooperation, brainstorming, and research
- Encourage and support growth of the metaphysical community across the globe
- Acknowledge self-study
- Ordain Ministerial Lightworkers
- Raise the consciousness of the planet and beyond
The Mission of Our Graduate College
The mission of the graduate college at the International Metaphysical University is to offer a rigorous curriculum in which each course challenges students to engage in higher order thinking using the tools of synthesis, analysis, and evaluation to explore the field of metaphysics.
To accomplish this mission IMU has identified a highly qualified faculty from across the metaphysical spectrum who are recognized as top researchers, writers, investigators and speakers in their respective subject areas. The courses they have developed reflect their life’s work and engender the spirit of raising consciousness through education.
IMU is a ministry of the International Metaphysical Churches in the state of West Virginia. As a church ministry, IMU makes no claims regarding state or national authorization or accreditation.
- We believe in Source Energy.
- Source Energy is impersonal and all loving.
- Source Energy is conscious and is the essence of all living things.
- Source Energy expresses itself as vibration and light. This is the nature of our reality, which is ultimately an illusion.
- The resistance to what is, is the cause of all suffering. The release of resistance results in joy and ultimately ascension.
- Humans are Source Energy manifested into physical form.
- As Source Energy, humans are creators, imbued with the sacred power of free will and choice.
- We are All One experiencing ourselves as individuals.
- Source Energy cannot be destroyed and therefore we are immortal.
- Everything in the universe is unfolding according to a divine plan even when we can’t see it.
To become an ordained minister through the International Metaphysical Churches, students must successfully complete ORD 500. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of ordination from the International Metaphysical Churches. This certificate may be submitted along with your state application to become an ordained minister recognized by your state. Ordination is optional but is encouraged for all students.
The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education meets acceptable levels of quality (US Department of Education). Traditional colleges and universities use accreditation as a measuring stick to compare their individual programs to a set of national standards provided by the professional organizations associated with the degrees being offered.
In the world of metaphysics, our professional associations are not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. As a result, metaphysical colleges and universities are not required to be accredited by the U.S. government. Students who complete courses in non-government approved programs are generally not permitted to transfer credits to US accredited schools.
According to our rolling enrollment policy, students may begin courses at any time. Start dates are not dictated by IMU schedules but rather by student schedules. Students have twelve weeks to complete a course from the date that they sign up for the course.