International Metaphysical Churches
IMU is the educational arm of the International Metaphysical Churches. IMC was started in 2001 by Deborah Lindsey and Joseph Fielder as “The Self-Health and Awareness Center.” Over time, however, it became clear that the common terminology of Church was more familiar to people and the name was changed to the International Metaphysical Churches.
IMC has been a place for people to come for spiritual development, psychic development, and healing. Hundreds of people have passed our doors in search of a higher understanding. For many years, IMC offered regular weekly services on top of the constant spiritual training that was ever present. In 2007, IMC began ordaining ministers and in 2009 we opened the International Metaphysical University. With the opening of IMU, the services moved to an online format making the teachings of IMC available to people all over the world.
Learn more about the International Metaphysical Churches by going to our website.
IMU is a ministry of the International Metaphysical Churches in the state of West Virginia. As a church ministry, IMU makes no claims regarding state or national authorization or accreditation.
- We believe in Source Energy.
- Source Energy is impersonal and all loving.
- Source Energy is conscious and is the essence of all living things.
- Source Energy expresses itself as vibration and light. This is the nature of our reality, which is ultimately an illusion.
- The resistance to what is, is the cause of all suffering. The release of resistance results in joy and ultimately ascension.
- Humans are Source Energy manifested into physical form.
- As Source Energy, humans are creators, imbued with the sacred power of choice.
- We are All One experiencing ourselves as individuals.
- Source Energy cannot be destroyed and therefore we are immortal.
- Everything in the universe is unfolding according to a divine plan even when we can’t see it.
While we believe that all books contain sacred knowledge that can awaken truth within a person, we subscribe to the teachings put forward in the Kybalion. These seven principles are the building blocks of all life and can be considered the universal laws. These laws can be applied to any spiritual or religious teaching and can be found in all of the sacred texts in one way or another. These principles include:
- The Principle of Mentalism
- The Principle of Correspondence
- The Principle of Vibration
- The Principle of Polarity
- The Principle of Rhythm
- The Principle of Cause and Effect
- The Principle of Gender
These seven principles are taught at length in the class, Principles of Metaphysics, which is a requirement for all graduates of IMU and highly recommended for students in the Ordination program.
You can become an ordained minister at IMU by taking the Ordination course. We also highly recommend that you take CON 501 Principles of Metaphysics as it gives an in-depth study of the Kybalion, the book and philosophy that many consider to be the “Bible” of metaphysical study.