IA 512 Tarot
Instructor: Terry Lively
This course covers the history, symbolism and use of Tarot. The Tarot is a deck of cards that can be used as a tool for developing intuition, but it is more than this.
It contains symbolic images that express a mystical philosophy, a philosophy that stems from the mentors of Western culture, Pythagoras and Plato, and that has been cherished by mystics and sages over centuries.
The Tarot is a map of the spiritual universe, a mandala, divided into separate components but maintaining the pattern through the relationship of each component to another.
The insights provided by the Tarot can assist individual self-growth and show different solutions or outcomes to a particular problem.
Terry Lively, MA
Required Text and Learning Materials:
Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners. By Joan Bunning
- Students will be familiarized with the history, symbolism and uses of Tarot cards
- Students will be introduced to the variety of Tarot decks. Students will identify and describe the Major and Minor Arcanas along with the four suits; Cups, Wands, Pentacles, and Swords.
- Students will learn traditional and modern Tarot spreads and how to use these spreads for additional information.
- Students will explore ethical considerations, legalities and business with Tarot cards.
- Students will be introduced to several working Tarot card readers for their insight. Students will be encouraged to recognize and use their intuition.
- Early Symbolism
- History of Tarot cards
- Major Arcana symbolism
- Minor Arcana symbolism
- Tarot spread symbolism
- Ethical Considerations
- Working as a Tarot Reader
Video/Audio lectures, online research
- Students will take a 10-question objective quiz for each video/audio lecture and reading assignment (tests and quizzes tool) (1200 potential points).
- Students will participate in private and forum discussions covering topics from the lectures on Skype.
- Students will discuss and solve Tarot reading scenarios
Class is graded as follows, based on percentages:
- 90-100 = A
- 80-89 = B
- 70-79 = C
- 60-69 = D
- 0-59 = F
Students have twelve weeks to complete this course.
Terry Lively, M.A
With a Master’s degree in Media Studies, Terry has been teaching in the Communication Department at West Virginia State University for nearly a decade.
She has extensive knowledge and skills that translate into top-quality video and online instruction. This provides you with a seasoned teaching professional instructing you about Tarot cards, a topic she has studied and researched for over forty years.
Terry began her metaphysical studies in her teens. She studied with Dr. Henry Keeling in his ESP class, learning grounding, auras and the art of psychic readings.
A trip to Cassadega, FL inspired her to continue her studies, which included sessions with noted Tarot card reader Ann Reynolds and others. A long-time resident of West Virginia, Terry has read Tarot cards for hundreds of clients. Her personal studies include Tarot, synchronicity, Spirituality, Tao de Ching and remote viewing. Terry understands and appreciates the power of intuition. Embracing the moment enhances psychic powers by stripping away the past and future, allowing universal knowledge to be revealed.