PAR 501 Understanding Our Paranormal Universe
This course serves as an introduction to understanding the wide range of phenomena that are often grouped together under the heading of “paranormal.”
It will cover the a wide range of paranormal phenomena including the best known such as ghosts, poltergeists, UFOs, aliens, precognition, timeslips, cryptozoology, ESP etc as well as some of the less well known phenomena for which the evidence is nevertheless strong.
The course will also aim to make the student familiar with the paranormal experience as it affects those individuals who encounter the paranormal and how paranormal events should be investigated and researched.
Finally some explanations for the apparently inexplicable will be put forward.
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of what differentiates a paranormal event from a normal event.
- Students will be able to understand and describe a wide range of paranormal phenomena.
- Students will be able to explain and present evidence for a wide range of paranormal phenomena.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to collate and evaluate evidence of paranormal activity.
- Students will be able to understand and explain the scientific method and scientific objections to the reality of the paranormal universe
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of possible paranormal forces at work.
- Students will be able to understand and explain possible explanations for paranormal activity.
- Students will reply to short answer questions on paranormal phenomena
- Students will be asked to devise action plans for various activities related to investigating the paranormal world
- Students will participate in forum discussions.
- Students will conclude the course by writing a 4,000 word project on the paranormal.
Class is as followed, based on percentages:
A = 90% – 100%, B = 80% – 89%, C = 70% – 79%, D = 60% – 69%, E = 50% – 59%, F = 0% – 49%
Students have 12 weeks to complete this course.