Independent Spiritualist Ordination Program
Instructor: Janet Decker
This course provides a foundation of spiritual knowledge for personal and professional growth and provides a platform for the exploration of consciousness. Also, on a more fundamental level, it will guide you in the art of spiritual counseling and the ethical, moral and legal boundaries that you need to be aware of as an ordained minister who counsels others. You will also learn the basics necessary for any Spiritualist or Metaphysical minister such as the history of spiritualism and how to create and lead a Spiritualist Church Service.
At the completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Ordination as an Independent Spiritualist Minister with all legal rights, and responsibilities, from the International Metaphysical University.
No extra materials are required, everything you need is included inside the classroom via audio lectures and downloadable documents.
The course has nine lessons and is designed so that students can easily complete one lesson per week. However, you can work at your own pace to some extent. We do ask that you try your best to complete the program within 12 weeks. You may, of course, complete it sooner than 9 weeks.
Students will become increasingly aware of fundamental and spiritual foundations
through the study of :
- Spiritual Counseling
- The Power of Language
- Pastoral Rites and Ceremonies
- Emotional Awareness
- Creating and Leading a Spiritualist church service
- Students will take a quiz for each lesson and reading assignment.
- Students will complete assignments for each lesson covering topics from the lectures.
- Students will create and record services that include an opening prayer, offering prayer, closing prayer, guided meditation, and inspirational talk.